You’ve heard of olive oil, you’ve heard of avocado oil — but there’s another healthy oil you might know less about: MCT oil. So, what is MCT oil? MCT — medium chain triglycerides — oil comes from coconut or palm sources, and researchers have found that MCT burns fat and helps you lose weight.
A study published in the US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, found “increased thermogenesis and lower fat deposition with MCT consumption” compared to using olive oil. Basically, if you’re looking to burn fat and lose weight, look no further.
If you’re on a keto diet, MCT oil can help you stick to your plan, too. Using MCT oil for ketosis works because the low-carb supplement boosts your healthy fat intake, helps you feel full and keeps you on track with your nutrition plan.
Of course, you don’t have to go keto to enjoy the oil’s benefits. Here are five ways you can add more MCT oil into everyday foods:
- Guacamole. By blending MCT oil into avocados, you’ll combine two good fats that go great together.
- Coffee. MCT oil is no stranger to coffee. Coffee mixed with MCT oil and butter began to bring MCT oil into the spotlight. Now, the secret’s out, but you can still go back to this classic.
- Orange juice. Not a coffee fan? Start your day with MCT oil in your orange juice. Blending it in during your morning routine will keep you fuller for longer.
- Smoothies. Want to power up even more? Make a delicious smoothie with MCT oil. The blender will fully incorporate the oil for a delicious drink. Try this Sweet Vanilla Green Smoothie or Low Sugar Berry Smoothie recipe.
- Nut butter. For an easy way to add this healthy fat anytime of the day, spread almond, peanut, or cashew butter with MCT oil (that might burn fat without you even knowing it).
Comment below to share how you use MCT Oil in your diet or on social media with #drinkorgain.