- 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2 cups of Medjool Dates (pitted & soaked in water overnight)
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until you create a sticky batter.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper & then press batter firmly and evenly into the baking dish.
- Let set in the freezer overnight.
- Remove from the baking dish, cut into squares or bars & enjoy!
- Keep stored in the freezer and enjoy within 2 - 3 weeks. Best when enjoyed with a glass of Orgain’s Almond Milk!
A balanced snack between meals is a great way to manage energy levels & avoid getting too hungry! Extreme hunger can lead to extreme eating! Orgain has fantastic Protein Bars, have you tried them? However if you’re interested in making a homemade snack bar, this recipe for Homemade Coconut Almond Protein Bars is great! Dates are packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber and serve as a natural binder that helps hold all of the ingredients together! I recommend always using fresh dates, or soaking them in water overnight so they are soft, blend easily & truly create a sticky binder! Always double check that each date has been pitted! I also love that almonds add a boost of protein, and coconut oil & shredded coconut are a source of healthy fats. I love to enjoy these snack bars with a glass of Orgain’s Almond Milk which has 10 grams of protein per 8 cup serving!