Daily meditation is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. You don’t need a mantra, or special music. You don’t have to be super bendy and sit in a certain way. You don’t even have to tell anyone you’re doing it. Just carve out five minutes a day, or whatever time you can, to focus on some breathing. It’s that easy.
There are so many benefits, we can’t even name all of them. And we tried.
If you’ve ever wondered why you’re so crabby or feel so stressed out, meditation can help with that. If you’ve ever lost your patience or dwelled on the past, meditation can help with that. The benefits you get from meditating have been measured and proven by science. Science, people! The result is so much more than a healthier relationship with yourself. Here are only a few of great things that happen when you meditate:
- Meditation reduces depression.
- Meditation helps to overcome postpartum blues.
- Meditation regulates anxiety and mood disorders.
- Meditation reduces blood pressure and heart rate.
- Meditation helps people deal with pain.
- Meditation helps manage stress.
- Meditation helps reduce negativity.
- Meditation helps increase patience and tolerance.
There’s no trick to it. It’s not a trend or something that will go away. Even doctors recommend it. So take a few quiet minutes to focus on your breath and not all the crazy distractions that fill up your head every day.
It’s so worth it.