Weight loss is a common goal for many people - and it makes sense. With obesity on the rise in the U.S. and the connection between diet and heart disease, cancer, type II diabetes, and more, it’s important to carefully consider our relationship to food and how it impacts our health and longevity. Research shows many obese Americans are also deficient in many key nutrients, including protein. Protein is an integral component to a balanced diet and can help to support healthy weight, particularly as you increase your physical activity and replace processed foods with more nutritious, whole foods. It is also the macronutrient responsible for building healthy tissue; as you begin to lose excess fat, your body can begin building, toning and strengthening your muscles.
Instead of turning to low-fat foods, crash diets, skipping meals, and zeroing in on calorie count, we’ve got some ideas to get you started on your weight loss journey by incorporating clean protein and complete nutrition into your daily menu.
- Strategic Meal Replacement: With Orgain’s specially formulated complete nutritional powders, you can tailor your weight loss plan to your healthy goals without compromising on taste or nutrients. Skipping meals can have a negative effect on weight loss as blood sugar levels plummet, cravings increase, and the body and mind’s ability to communicate satiety are decreased, leading to overeating and undue stress on the body. Instead, replacing one or two meals a day with a high quality and complete nutrition shake is a great way to shed pounds while nourishing your body with real food.
- Snacking can be healthy, in fact, replacing junk foods with wholesome snacks can help you ward off junk-food cravings, feel fuller, and to stay on track. Blending a quick protein shake between meals or nibbling on a handful of red velvet protein bites is a tasty way to get the fuel you need to stay sharp and mindful of what you’re eating and what your body really needs to be healthy.
- Breakfast Club: Breakfast often gets overlooked, but studies show starting your day with a meal high in protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs is a great way to jumpstart your metabolism and set the tone for a day of healthy choices. Having breakfast, such as overnight carrot cake protein oats or festive avocado toast, also means you won’t be ravenous upon arriving at work or as tempted by the glistening doughnuts in the employee lounge.
- Make it convenient: Like most habit shifts, it’s so much easier to stick to healthy choices when they are as simple and easy to make as the habits we are trying to kick. Making a healthy, speedy lunch is totally do-able and grab & go Orgain Simple Bars are clean protein at its finest. Chock full of flavor, simple organic ingredients, gluten-free, and vegan, Simple Bars boast our shortest ingredient list to date and are so easy to have on hand. Tuck a few into your purse, gym bag, suitcase, backpack, glove compartment, tree-fort- anywhere hunger might strike so you have something healthy and satisfying to reach for.
- Getting picky with your protein means choosing a protein powder that is versatile and easy to use beyond proteins shakes and smoothies, so you can enjoy a variety of protein-rich, hunger-fighting foods all day long. Orgain nutritional powders and protein powders are smooth and delicious, making them easy to swirl into your morning coffee, a batch of chocolate chip pumpkin protein muffins, supergreens hummus dip, and even ice cream.
Instead of depriving yourself of the foods you enjoy, embrace healthier versions and habits so the changes to your diet and your mindset around food feel manageable and sustainable. Taking control of your health is a powerful act of self-care and all of us at Orgain want to support you on your journey. Weight loss can be challenging but finding ways to utilize clean protein can make all the difference. Every healthy choice you make today helps shape a better tomorrow!