Spring is here, along with longer, sunnier days and a fresh wave of bright fruits and veggies to enjoy! After a winter of holidays, rich foods, and starchy root vegetables, we are pretty excited for all the tender greens, plump berries, and crunchy fruits and veg now in season. Whether you are looking for spring detox smoothies or just for fresh ideas to switch up your blender routine, spring is a perfect time to recharge with whole foods and get creative with seasonal ingredients. Here are five of spring’s most powerful produce offerings just waiting to be blended into simple, nutritious and delicious smoothies.
- Greens like spinach, cilantro, parsley, and pea shoots make excellent additions to smoothies and pack extra fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It’s easy to get plenty of greens when combined in a smoothie with your favorite spring fruits! Try this easy green smoothie to see just how tasty (and simple) green can be.
- Avocados are abundant in spring and a good source of healthy fat. Adding an avocado to your morning smoothie will make it rich and creamy, promote clear skin, and keep you satisfied for hours. Give your day a boost with this creamy avocado ginger superfoods smoothie, which also happens to be extra nutritious thanks to Orgain superfood powder.
- Berries are loaded with cancer and disease fighting antioxidants as well as fiber. Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries make great spring smoothie additions. Combine all three for a triple berry smoothie with Orgain Protein Almond Milk or try this anti-inflammatory smoothie bowl with strawberries.
- Chia seeds provide plant-based fiber and protein as well as Omega 3s and Omega 6s, which can help reduce cholesterol and risk of heart disease. Consuming more fiber is also a great way to improve digestion and can help restore the body’s energy levels. Sprinkle them onto smoothie bowls or blend into your favorite smoothie recipe, like this chia berry green smoothie.
- Mangoes are known to fight inflammation and contain high amounts of vitamin C which can make skin more radiant. Adding chunks of this juicy, yellow fruit to a turmeric mango smoothie is an easy way to bring a little spring break to your morning routine.
Knowing what is in season allows you to add variety to your smoothie routine and is a great way to try new fruits and veggies. Plus, rotating your smoothie ingredients ensures you get a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and other vital nutrients. So, get creative and enjoy all the wonderful flavors of spring!