Key Lime Sandwich Cookies
March 24, 2023
About this Recipe
These Key Lime Sandwich Cookies not only taste delicious but are perfect to bake and take on the go!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (can sub gluten free flour)
- 1 stick Hydro Boost - Rapid Hydration Drink Mix - Lemon Lime
- 1/2 cup butter of choice, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest (from about 2 limes)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, Hydro Boost, and mix together.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add about half of the flour mixture and mix in until just combined. Add the rest of the flour, the lime juice, and zest and mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Cut two large pieces of plastic wrap and lay them flat on a work surface. Divide the dough in half. Place one half in the center of one piece of plastic wrap.
- Fold the plastic wrap over on the dough and work the dough into a 10-inch log. Repeat with the second piece of dough. Seal them in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Remove the dough and make sure that the log is round, by rolling it on a flat surface. If you have one or more areas of the dough that have flattened out from resting, roll them a little more until they’re round and refrigerate for an additional 10-20 minutes, until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the cookies into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Mix the Hydro Boost, lime zest, coconut cream and lime juice in a bowl and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- After the cookies have cooled, spoon about a TBSP of the filling on top of a cookie. Add another cookie and serve as a cookie sandwich.