The holidays have everyone scrambling, leaving little time for cooking healthy meals. The solution? Meal prep! But the key to routine meal planning is easy, exciting vegan / plant-based recipes with simple instructions.
Here is a two-day vegan meal plan that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner options (as well as tips for repurposing leftover ingredients!).Breakfast
- Protein smoothie: Combine your favorite produce into a blender with Orgain’s Unsweetened Protein Almond Milk, plant-based protein powders or Protein + Superfoods Powder for a quick, all-encompassing meal that checks all of the nutritional boxes.
- Tip: Freeze any leftover fruit or veggies for future smoothies to get the most out of your produce investment.
- Avocado toast: Upscale restaurants aren’t needed in order to enjoy this savory breakfast. Sprinkle lemon pepper and sea salt with half of an avocado (mixed with Orgain’s MCT Oil) on a slice of whole wheat bread for a healthy combination of fats and carbs.
- Tip: Save the remaining avocado for lunch or dinner for a creamy avocado pesto sauce.
- Veggie wrap: Combine your favorite sandwich produce such as cucumbers, arugula, tomatoes, sprouts, avocado and bell peppers with a dash of dill, half of a cup of hummus and a corn tortilla for a delicious lunch.
- Tip: Wraps preserve well for an additional day or two, making them convenient for meal prep. An Orgain Simple Bar can be packed as a side for additional protein.
- Black bean burrito: Grab black beans, leftover avocado, arugula, onion, frozen corn, pico de gallo salsa, cumin, garlic and a leftover corn tortilla from the veggie wraps for a homemade burrito to drool over.
- Tip: Add brown rice for more sustenance. Slice veggies and save in the fridge for additional meals later in the week.
- Black bean enchilada burgers: Whether it’s on a grill or on a stovetop, burgers are year-round staples here at Orgain. Take remaining black beans and rice from the burritos, potatoes, enchilada sauce, cornmeal and a pinch of salt and shape the combination into burger patties. Top the burgers with arugula, tomato and avocado from previous recipes too.
- Tip: Although buns are preferred, these burgers can be placed on regular whole wheat bread or inside pita pockets from your pantry.
- Pizza with veggies and chickpea sausage: Although cauliflower crusts are great alternatives, feel free to utilize the pita bread from the black bean burgers in its place. Top with veggies like the remaining bell peppers and spinach as well as chickpea crumbles, mushrooms, olives, onions and pizza sauce.
- Tip: Save the pizza sauce for wrap spreads at a later date.
Finally, stick to the perimeter of the grocery store where most of the nutritious ingredients are and take advantage of seasonal specials for vegan meal plan cost savings.
Comment below to share your meal prep tips and recipes or on social media with #drinkorgain.