- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Orgain Plant Based Protein Powder - Chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second bowl combine apple sauce, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir together. The dough should be thick and a bit sticky. Fold in chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Chill for 20 minutes to allow dough to harden.
- Roll about 2 tbsp of cookie dough and place it on a baking sheet. Using the bottom of a glass or the palm of your hand, flatten cookie so that cookie is about 1/2" thick. Repeat with all the dough until dough is gone. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly underdone. The cookies will continue to harden as they cool but this allows them to have a fudge-y center.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Store in air tight container for up to 5 days.