- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (120g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (122g)
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 1/2 scoops of Vanilla Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder (1/2 cup packed)
- 1 medium apple, diced (154g)
- Substitution: Other fruit of choice
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Substitution: Pumpkin pie spice (contains nutmeg), ginger, cardamon or clove
- Adjust measurement according to taste preferences
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- First, chop the apple into small cube-like chunks.
- Then, add the remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Once mixed, use a tablespoon to scoop out approximately one and a half tablespoons worth of batter and form into a ball or cookie shape.
- The mixture will be slightly damp, but will bind together well.
- Place cookies on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until they are set.
- Once cookies are baked, let cookies cool and top with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon.
Fall back on these protein packed Apple Cinnamon Cookies when your sweet tooth cravings are kicking in. This recipe is perfect for fall or as a year-round treat.
- Serving Size - 1 cookie
- Calories per serving: 65
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Fat: 1g