Summer is the time to throw open the shades, open the windows, and yell, “I’m coming for you, world!” Okay, that may be a little dramatic, but after nearly a year and a half of staying inside, we are ready to greet the world with open arms.
Whether it’s a road trip or just a walk in the park, you don’t have to sacrifice nutrition just because you’re away from your fridge. In fact, maintaining your daily servings of fruits and vegetables is pretty easy when you pack some ready-to-drink shakes.
Here’s how to make it happen:
- Wake up. Shake up. Some people call it summer, but we call it iced coffee season. Right from the jump, there are some easy ways to keep your nutrition on track while getting something delicious in your glass. Make this Easy 21g Vanilla Coffee Chiller with any of our ready to drink protein shake.
- Protein on the go. Protein is a major macronutrient that supports muscle recovery, digestion, and more. Bringing a shake along the way can help refuel hikes and curb cravings for things like ice cream (although a little here and there doesn’t hurt). Try a 20g Clean Protein Shake, made with 20g of protein and low calories.
- Meals on wheels. Traveling and outdoor events can throw you off our routine, but there’s no need to kick your healthy lifestyle to the curb. Meal replacements are the secret sauce (or shake, really) to getting all those nutrients and staying full. Pack some Organic Nutrition Shakes, and you’ll always have a meal at hand when hunger strikes.
- Dessert is served. Your sweet tooth needn’t take a vacation this summer. When a craving comes along, protein shakes do a lot more than just satisfy—they keep you full for longer and stave off the much-feared food regret. Look for some sweet ideas on our recipe blog.
- Don’t forget the littles. While we’re just trying to keep up with the youngens, they’re continuing to grow and get more active by the day, ESPECIALLY in the summer. Kids Plant-Protein shakes are a great snack for after soccer practice, during a hike, or even if they’re just fussy and need a distraction.
What other ways are you keeping nutrition in your summer plans? Let us know
on Instagram @drinkorgain.