This website is operated by Orgain, Inc. (“Orgain”). Orgain is committed to protecting your privacy and we want to ensure that you understand what we collect from or about you, how we use it and the safeguards we have in place designed to protect it.
What types of user information do we collect and how?
Personally Identifiable Information. When you access our Site, we may collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) from you when you voluntarily submit this information to us, for example, as part of the registration process or when you purchase products from our Site. Examples of PII may include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, user name, password and other information such as payment or credit card information. We may supplement the information we receive from you with information about you that we receive from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms and other third parties.
Other Information. We may also collect other information when you access our Site. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. Other Information may include the type of device you are using, the geographic location of your device (e.g., zip code or county), your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information and other data that allow us to improve our applications and serve you better. We collect this information through your browser or device, by means of cookies and pixel tags. We also may collect Other Information from you, such as your preferred means of communication, when you voluntarily provide this information.
What about "cookies"?
Cookies are small bits of information that this Site places on your computer. We and our third-party service providers use various types of cookies and pixel tags to identify your IP address, browser type, device characteristics, domain name, referring URLs and specific links and web pages through which you click. This data is collected automatically and utilized for site operations, fraud prevention and to help us improve this Site and your overall experience. This technology also allows us to recognize you when you return to this Site and to provide you with a customized experience that we feel will be of value to you. Cookies further allow us to select which of our advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal to you.
Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookie files on your computer by erasing them, blocking them, or notifying you when such a file is stored. Please take a look at your particular browser for instructions on this function, or click here for more information on cookies and how to manage them. If you do elect to disable cookies, please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of a personalized experience on this Site and certain functions may not be available to you.
How do we use PII?
We may use PII:
- To process and respond to your requests.
- To contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and promotional materials.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your PII, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Site, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; or
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How do we share PII with third parties?
We may disclose your PII as follows:
- To third-party sponsors or administrators of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages), to the extent necessary to identify you to other users. Please note, however, that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to users of the Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your PII, or any other information, on the Site.
We may also disclose your PII in the following circumstances:
- As required by law, including laws outside your country of residence, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
- To allow us to pursue available remedies and limit the damage we may sustain.
- In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, in each case to the required government authority, if any, and to the other parties to such transaction to the extend necessary to consummate the transaction and/or allow the other party to operate the business as the new owners of the business.
How do we use and disclose Other Information?
We may use and disclose Other Information in any manner for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as PII under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose PII. If we combine Other Information with PII, we will treat the combined information as PII while it is combined.
Interest-Based Ads and Online Tracking
The Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) offers useful information about internet advertising companies, including information about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by their members. Click here for general information about the NAI, or click here to learn how to opt-out from ads served by some or all participating companies.
These opt-out mechanisms rely on cookies to remember your choices. If you delete your cookies, use another computer or device, or change browsers, you will need to repeat the opt-out process. In addition, opting out of interest-based ads will not opt you out of all ads, but rather only those ads that are personalized to your interests.
Your web browser may provide a “Do Not Track” or “Incognito” browser setting, requesting the website operator not track your online activities. Compliance with such requests is optional by law and we do not respond to such signals in order to provide a more thorough experience for users. Further, blocking or deleting cookies will not stop all such tracking.
Third Party Services
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any PII you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
How can I access or correct my information?
You can verify, change, update, or delete information associated with your account. If you would like to verify, change, update, or delete your personal information, please access your profile on our website or contact us using the contact information below. We will make a good faith effort to provide you with access to your PII and to correct any inaccuracy or delete such information, at your request, if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical or for which access is not otherwise required. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the PII associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
How do we protect your information?
Your PII that you disclose to us is stored in our secure server’s database. The information is only accessed by those persons authorized to access our systems, and they are required to keep the information confidential. However, no security system is impenetrable. It may be possible for third parties to intercept or access information that you provide to Orgain. Orgain cannot guarantee the security of your information, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to Orgain.
If you open an online order account with us, it will contain personally identifiable information that you have entered into your account. You can access your account online via our website’s log in function and update or delete all of your information except for your default address which can be edited but not deleted. You can also choose not to store your address information in your account, but it will be contained in your order history.
You can opt in to receive our newsletters and we will use your email address to deliver our newsletters to you. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters whenever you want.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting use in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Access to the Site is limited to adults. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use the Site with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our database within a reasonable time.
Your California Privacy Rights
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our established customers who are California residents to request information regarding the manner in which Orgain shares certain categories of your PII with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to Orgain at its designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information Orgain disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information; and
- If the nature of a third party's business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party's name, examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. Orgain’s designated email address for such requests is firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your PII may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than your country.
We ask that you do not send us or disclose any sensitive PII (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
How to Contact Us
Attn: Legal Dept / Privacy
16631 Millikan Ave
Irvine, California 92606, USA