About This Recipe
This hummus is un-BEET-able! Try this easy to make beet hummus that takes no time to make and has some additional protein using our naturally unsweetened plant-based protein.
- 2 cups of soaked and cooked chickpeas
- 2/3 cups of steamed or roasted red beets skins removed
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon zest + extra for topping if you choose to use it
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons of filtered water
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic
- 3 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Sprinkle of cayenne powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1 scoop of Organic Protein Plant Based Protein Powder-Natural Unsweetened
- Add all of the ingredients to the food processor and process until smooth and creamy for about 1 minute.
- Serve with your favorite veggies and crackers.