- 1 garlic clove
- 4 medium beets, roasted or steamed *see notes
- 1 scoop Orgain Organic Superfoods Powder - Original
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh veggies for dipping: snap peas, carrots, jicama, turnips, cherry tomatoes, etc.
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil, allowing it to emulsify.
- Place in fridge to chill.
- Serve chilled with fresh veggies!
- *Some stores (like Trader Joe's, Costco, etc.) carry roasted beets, which is very convenient. However, roasting beets is super easy!
- If roasting yourself, simply heat oven to 425 degrees, wash beets, cut off leafy greens and wrap each beet tightly in foil. Place directly on the middle rack of the oven and roast about one hour, until tender. To peel, let beets cool for 10 minutes and rub them between two paper towels. The skins peel right off. You can also peel them with your bare hands under running water. You'll get some beet stains on your hands, but the water helps keep that to a minimum, and a good wash with lots of soap should remove most stubborn beet stains.