- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar (plus more for syrup)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (plus more for syrup)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Orgain Lightly Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 scoop Orgain Sweet Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 3 oz. goat cheese, herb or plain, softened
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 tsp. paprika, optional
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Wash potatoes, poke with a fork and bake for about 45 minutes, until soft. Cool slightly.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- In saucepan, heat oil and sauté diced onion on low heat. Add balsamic vinegar and heat until caramelized.
- Slice potatoes in half and scoop into large bowl, saving skins.
- To potatoes, add onion, maple syrup, almond milk, protein powder, salt and pepper and goat cheese. Stir together and spoon back into potato skins.
- Roughly chop nuts, and add cayenne and paprika, if desired. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle nuts on potatoes and place in oven again. Cook until hot and nuts are toasted, about 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in small saucepan. Heat over low until reduced, thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle tops of potatoes with syrup and serve warm.