- 8 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Orgain Organic Chocolate Fudge Protein Powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 lbs. powdered sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Pomegranate seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill 2 (24 mini) cupcake pans with paper cupcake liners.
- In a small saucepan, melt baking chocolate and coconut oil and mix until combined. Turn to low heat and add the sugar, mixing continually until incorporated. Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, cornstarch, protein powder, salt and baking powder. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just incorporated. Gently fold in chocolate chips and spoon into cupcake liners.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While baking, make the frosting. Combine all frosting ingredients in a standing mixer and mix.
- Allow brownies to cool completely and top with frosting and pomegranate seeds