Skip to content
- 1 cup red lentils, dry
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, red or orange, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1” piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 1/2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Orgain Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional garnishes: chopped roasted almonds, chives, cilantro, paprika
- In a medium stock pot on medium high heat, heat 1.5 TBSP coconut oil. Add onions, carrots and bell pepper. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, salt, curry powder, cumin and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant, stirring continuously.
- Add in 1 cup dry lentils and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes until lentils and veggies are soft. Remove from heat.
- To the pot, add 1 cup Orgain Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and apple cider vinegar.
- With an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Add 1 cup additional water if you prefer a thinner soup.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve with optional garnishes if using.
By Kristina Jackson