- 3/4 cup of coconut cream*
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 serving of Orgain Creamy Chocolate Fudge Protein Powder
- *To Make Coconut Cream: Place a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. The cream will separate from the water and rise to the top. Remove the top of the can and scoop the thick cream from the water. Note: the leftover milky water is excellent added to smoothies.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for a few hours to chill, then enjoy!
I love how simple this recipe is to make! It’s loaded with protein and uses coconut cream, which is an excellent dairy-free option that feels decadent but is made with good-for-you ingredients! Coconut cream contains a type of saturated fat known as Medium Chain Triglycerides, or MCT, which is easier to digest than long chain fatty acids (commonly found in animal fat). MCTs are also a good source of energy, can support hormone and gut health, as well as a healthy immune system thanks to their anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. This is a dessert you can feel good about eating because it’s good for you too!