- 1 1/4 cups raw cashews
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 10 ounces of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Orgain Organic Protein Almond Milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup of chopped artichoke hearts
1 hour 16 minutes
- Wash spinach and squeeze out any excess water from the spinach before chopping and mixing with the rest of the ingredients.
- Soak cashews with water overnight or with boiling water for one hour.
- Heat a large sauté pan with the olive oil over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the minced garlic and let it cook for a minute.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, or about two to three minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, mix the cashews, soy milk, salt, cayenne pepper, and lime juice together until you get a creamy sauce.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings to your liking. Set aside.
- When the spinach is cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess liquid from spinach. Give the spinach a rough chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix the spinach, chopped artichokes and creamy cashew sauce together.
- Serve warm with chips, crackers or your favorite vegetables!
This Vegan Spicy Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe is a savory, but healthy twist on the classic appetizer. Bookmark this side dish for the big game or any fun get together.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories per serving: 157
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Fat: 12.1 g
- Sugar: 2.3 g