- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour, or almond meal
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup persimmon pulp
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1-2 scoops Orgain Vanilla Plant-Based Protein Powder
1 hour 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 3 loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly grease. Set aside.
- Mix water with flax seeds in a bowl and then set aside for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten-free all-purpose flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, protein powder.
- Then, in a small bowl, mix the coconut oil, vanilla, persimmon puree and flax seed.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until fully combined. Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Scoop the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy! Store the remaining loaf in an airtight container for maintain freshness.
Take advantage of in-season produce like persimmons and indulge in healthy comfort foods like this scrumptious Vegan Persimmon Bread recipe.
- Calories per serving: 396
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Fat: 14 g