- 2 lbs of Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 potatoes)
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of Unsweetened Orgain Organic Protein Almond Milk
- Add extra as needed
- 2 Tbsp minced chives (about 1/4 of a small bunch, plus additional for garnish) Salt, to taste
1 hour 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the garlic cloves on a piece of foil and drizzle with one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Then, wrap and roast until tender, or about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cut potatoes into a large saucepan, cover by one inch with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are very tender, or about 20 minutes. Strain, and return the potatoes to the saucepan.
- Add the roasted garlic with any juice that has collected as well as the Orgain almond milk, the remaining two teaspoons of oil and one and a quarter teaspoons of salt to the potatoes.
- Mash with a potato masher or Kitchen Aid appliance until smooth or to the desired consistency, add extra almond milk if necessary.
- Stir in the chives and add salt to taste. Pour the potatoes into a serving dish and garnish with additional chives.
- Serve warm.
Add a vegan side dish to the Thanksgiving table this year with our flavorful yet simple Vegan Mashed Potatoes recipe. With roasted garlic and added protein, they can’t be beat.
- Calories per serving: 300
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Sugar: 11 g