FOR PINEAPPLE/SWEET POTATOES
- 1 pineapple
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 scoops Organic Sweet Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, crushed
- Preheat the grill.
- Prepare the pineapple: cut off skin and slice pineapple into rings. Carefully cut out the core of each ring with a knife or circular cookie cutter.
- Prepare the sweet potatoes: peel them and slice into circles.
- Brush pineapple and sweet potato slices with melted coconut oil. Grill 7-10 minutes per side over medium heat.
- While pineapple and sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare vanilla sauce: combine ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer on low for 5-10 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- Place grilled pineapple and sweet potatoes on a platter and drizzle with vanilla sauce. Top with crushed macadamia nuts and enjoy!