- 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 scoops Orgain Sweet Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted to liquid
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water + 1 scoop Orgain Organic Superfoods Powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 small zucchinis (1 cup grated)
- 2-3 overripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine flour with rest of dry ingredients in a mixer. Blend together.
- Add the eggs, oil, applesauce, water/Superfoods mix, sugar and vanilla and mix until just wet.
- Peel the zucchini and grate enough to make one cup.
- Mash the bananas to make one cup.
- Add the zucchini and bananas and chopped walnuts (if using) to the batter and stir until just combined.*
- Grease and flour two bread pans (standard 8x4’’)
- Divide batter equally into pans.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick or knife comes out almost clean.
- Let cool in the pans for ten minutes. Run a knife around the edges and remove to cooling rack.
- Once you add wet ingredients, stir just until the mixture is combined. Overworking the batter will toughen the bread.
- When baking, if bread is browning too much, cover loosely with foil.
- If freezing, allow to cool completely first.