- 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 scoops Orgain Sweet Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted to liquid
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water + 1 scoop Orgain Organic Superfoods Powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 small zucchinis (1 cup grated)
- 2-3 overripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine flour with rest of dry ingredients in a mixer. Blend together.
- Add the eggs, oil, applesauce, water/Superfoods mix, sugar and vanilla and mix until just wet.
- Peel the zucchini and grate enough to make one cup.
- Mash the bananas to make one cup.
- Add the zucchini and bananas and chopped walnuts (if using) to the batter and stir until just combined.*
- Grease and flour two bread pans (standard 8x4’’)
- Divide batter equally into pans.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick or knife comes out almost clean.
- Let cool in the pans for ten minutes. Run a knife around the edges and remove to cooling rack.
- Once you add wet ingredients, stir just until the mixture is combined. Overworking the batter will toughen the bread.
- When baking, if bread is browning too much, cover loosely with foil.
- If freezing, allow to cool completely first.
Here at Orgain, we're more than just picky about our protein powder, we're also extremely picky about our recipes that include it ... and our friends at Kiwi and Carrot are some of the best to do it, so we have joined forces with them to provide you some amazingly healthy, tasty and picky recipes using Orgain's Organic plant based Protein Powders. Enjoy!