- 4 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup Orgain Sweet Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Orgain Lightly Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Zest of two oranges
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/3 cup Orgain Lightly Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Zest of one orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend dry ingredients, shortening and butter together until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add most of the milk. With a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, while adding the rest of the milk. Do not over mix!
- Add dried fruit and orange zest. Fold to incorporate.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Make the glaze: mix all ingredients until combined.
- Let scones cool and drizzle with glaze.
Follow the recipe above, except replace white flour with your favorite blend of all-purpose gf flour, and add 1 extra tsp. of baking powder.