- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 3 scoops Organic Plant Based Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans, crushed + 1/4 cup for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large loaf pan.
- Stir together oil, syrup, eggs and molasses.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to molasses mixture. Blend to incorporate.
- Fold 1/2 cup pecans into batter. Spread evenly into loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans on top of loaf, cover with foil, and bake another 15-20 minutes, until a knife comes out fairly clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.