Whole Grain Skillet Granola
*Makes approx. 4 servings/cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups rolled oats, gluten – free
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 3 ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop Orgain Creamy Chocolate Fudge Plant Based Protein Powder
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet to melt.
- Stir in oats, quinoa, almonds until fully coated.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and Protein Powder and stir continuously for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool for approx. 10 minutes. Granola will be soft until it cools.
Probiotic Cashew Yogurt
A simple, 5 ingredient recipe for homemade, plant – based yogurt!
*Makes approx. 6 oz.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 6 ½ hours
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 ¼ cup filtered, high quality water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp probiotics, (or 2 capsules), I like to use Solaray Mulitdophilus Capsules
- Pinch salt
- Begin by placing cashews in a bowl and covering with lukewarm water. Allow to soak for 2 hours. The water will start to be absorbed by the nuts and they will begin to soften and plump up a bit.
- Strain and discard water. Rinse cashews a few times until water runs clear.
- In a high speed blender, combine soaked cashews, water, vanilla extract, probiotics and a pinch of salt. Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer to a heat proof bowl and cover with cheesecloth or kitchen towel.
- Place in a dehydrator set at 115 degrees, or in a warm, dark place for at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours, depending on how tart you like it. The longer you let it go, the more sour it will become. You will notice a hard layer that has formed on the surface of the yogurt. This is normal. You can scoop this off the top or stir it into the yogurt.
- If you want to add additional flavor to your yogurt (like a sweetener or fresh fruit) you can place it back into the blender with the additional ingredients and blend for 30 seconds.
Store in the refrigerator, covered for up to 5 days.