Orgain Low Sugar Berry Smoothie
By @HealthyGroceryGirl, Megan Roosevelt, Registered Dietitian
*Makes 1 Smoothie
For individuals watching their sugar intake or who are mindful about a healthy diet overall, you will love this low sugar berry smoothie! Avocado is a fantastic fruit to add to smoothies because it provides a thick, creamy texture, fiber and healthy fats that keep you feeling full and satisfied. In fact, fat is an essential nutrient that our body needs for hormones and cells to communicate and function optimally. Berries are one of the lowest sugar fruits, and chia seeds add protein, fiber and more Omega 3 fatty acids! Last but not least Orgain Vanilla Bean Plant Based Protein Powder adds 21 grams of plant-based protein! This is truly a delicious smoothie that satisfies.
- ½ of a fresh, ripe avocado (seeded, peeled & sliced)
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk (try Orgain’s Almond Milk!)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 serving Orgain Vanilla Bean Plant Based Protein Powder
Directions: Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high for 20 – 30 seconds. Enjoy!